The IHS Markit/REC Report on Jobs came out on 8th November, providing the most comprehensive guide to the UK labour market. Here are the key findings:
- Growth in permanent staff placements remained robust at the start of the final quarter of 2017
- Staff vacancies rose sharply for permanent and temporary roles during October, across both the private and public sector, against a marked decline in the availability of temporary and permanent workers across the UK.
- A sustained upturn in demand for staff and lower candidate availability led to further increases in pay.
It is clearly a candidate market at the moment and good candidates do not hang around for long. If you find a candidate who fits your business, don’t delay in making them an offer and learn from the experience of these two One Step commercial clients this week:
- One client offered their candidate the post soon after the interview and got the One Step candidate they wanted.
- The other client left it 5 days after the interview before making an offer, at which point the preferred One Step candidate had taken another role.
We don’t want this to happen to you! Contact us today if you have a post that you need filling and we can help guide you through today’s labour market. #staylocal