Our Client, a global manufacturer with their UK head office based in Ilminster, are currently looking for an CNC Setter – Permanent basis.
The client makes different optical products for various sectors like aerospace, automotive, Space industries.
The main purpose of the job will be to set up, operate and conduct day to day maintenance/upkeep of CNC machinery.
- Maintain equipment, setup and operate CNC Diamond Turning machines.
- Understand optical manufacturing drawings.
- Make adjustments to established CNC programs with minimal supervision
- Select and adjust tooling changes as needed with minimal supervision
- Designing of diamond turning jigs and fixtures
- Inspect and measure diamond turned optical parts to ensure conformity and specified tolerances.
- Perform optical tests including interferometry and profilometer tests to determine optical quality.
- Perform cleaning operations to keep work area machinery maintained.
- Following all Company policies, management systems and standard operational procedures, including legal responsibilities in relation to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality.
- Working positively to develop and foster good working relationships with colleagues and other personnel.
- Promote and display the company’s Core Values.
- 39 hour week
- Work Pattern dependent skill set so could be a 4 or 5 day week. And there may be late shifts available.
- Late shifts or rotational shifts attract 20% uplift to basic hours worked.
- Overtime is not guaranteed but currently is available. May be required upon request on Fridays and weekdays
- Salary is dependent on experience
- Overtime paid at x1.5 after 39 hours per week and x2 for Sunday and Bank holiday working.
If this is something that is of interest to you please do not hesitate and hit apply straight away.
Contact for this role is Sam Scriven at One Step Recruitment who is acting as a Recruitment Agency with regards to this vacancy.
SEO: CNC Setter – permanent, Ilminster, Taunton, Yeovil, Chard, Wellington, Axminster, Langport, Crewkerne, Engineering, Manufacturing, Automotive, Aerospace, Defence.