Do you have a background as a buyer and have a real passion for procurement / supply chain and ultimately saving costs for the business? A manager?
Our client, an independently owned manufacturer in the Yeovil area is currently looking to recruit a strong and dynamic Procurement Manager / Supply Chain Manager.
This company has a fantastic culture of hard working individuals all striving to achieve the outcome. You will be very busy and heavily involved in the company’s whole operation from sales to finished product and be fully involved in the procurement and supply chain process.
General day to day duties (not limited to)
- Manage and develop the procurement strategy
- Maintain and develop relationships with suppliers, regular visits to supplier sites
- Obtain support and agreement from key stakeholders so that implementation and compliance are optimal
- Implement a category management approach to the company’s areas of spend ensuring key areas of spend have appropriate procurement strategies
- Implement process and procedures that provide a framework for the business when purchasing
- Identify savings and efficiency improvements across the business
- Negotiations on strategically significant contracts and negotiation and management of third-party service providers
- Responsible to the Managing Director and Finance Director
Due to the nature of this senior role the following experience is required:
- 5 years of experience within a relevant supply chain, procurement or buyer capacity ideally from a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years of experience with Sage Manufacturing ERP systems
- 5 years of experience within a manufacturing environment
- Working experience with Sage Accounts
- Professional Membership to a relevant institute
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic premium brand and make a real impact within the business.
We are acting as the recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.