A fantastic Production Assistant role is now available for a driven candidate to join our specialist manufacturing client in Chard.
You’ll be working with a team of established manufacturers, who supply incredibly high-grade product within the textiles industry. Our client is looking for a candidate that can display both a knowledge of production techniques and administration duties: the ideal candidate will be not only competent but confident within a factory team and show administrative know-how.
As a Production Assistant, your role neatly splits into two:
Production Planning: ensuring that the factory operates to the two week production plan timetable; learning and developing alongside existing management.
Management Training: assisting and learning the overall management of a textiles production facility; ideally you’ll already have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft packages, particularly excel.
Across all parts of the role, you’ll be working closely with the existing management team, learning, developing and eventually taking over the management of the companies’ Factory production.
- Production planning,
- Product research and understandings,
- Setting up Specifications/BOMs within the production system,
- Product documentation,
- Ensuring production meets date deadlines through shrewd management,
- Weekly production meetings,
- Learning QC process,
- Supply chain management and eventual control of ordering and fabric management,
- Learning specific production skills,
- Supply cover and working the companies CAD system,
The ideal candidate:
- Ideally some experience in the textile of fabrics industry,
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge,
- Ability to work in a team,
- Strong communication skills,
- Previous experience as a supervisor or manager of a factory/warehouse/production line.
Your working hours will be 7.30am – 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday, with a 1.30pm finish Fridays.
You’ll be set a competitive salary(with regular pay reviews), based on experience, and receive the following benefits: 23 days holiday + Bank Holidays (you will have July and Christmas shut down), free on-site parking, generous pension and on-site canteen amenities.
To apply for this job, please contact Sam Scriven, our Technical Consultant, on 01823 250025 or apply online.