A Chard based specialist manufacturer are seeking a hard working Production Operative with Sewing experience to join their firm on a permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will have experience in an industrial environment, either as an industrial sewer or on the production line at a textiles company. You have to be hands-on and eager to work and learn!
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Cutting and shaping materials with hand and machine tools,
- Sewing different fabric types and pieces for upholstery section,
- Changing machine settings for different jobs,
- Checking finished work against the pattern instructions,
- Cleaning and oiling machines,
- Sewing different fabrics like cotton, wool, leather or industrial textiles ,
- Conduct all duties in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and internal Quality requirements,
- Maintain accurate and legible records,
- Working from technical drawings,
- Comply with all health and safety requirements.
You’ll be paid £9.30ph, working from 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday (40hrs a week).
Our client are also proud to offer some wonderful benefits – life assurance 3 x salary, free on site parking, free healthcare, cycle to work scheme, great Xmas and Summer parties and starting holiday allowance of 30days holiday (incl Xmas shut down). You’ll also receive your birthday off work (or the nearest Monday or Friday if it falls on a weekend).
To apply for this great job, please contact Sam Scriven at One Step Recruitment on 01823 250025, or apply online.