A Chard based specialist manufacturer are seeking a hard working Production Operative with Sewing experience to join their firm on a temp basis.
THIS IS AN IMMEDIATE START JOB. THIS IS AN ASSIGNMENT WITH MINIMUM OF ONE WEEKS WORK, IT COULD BE MORE FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE!
The ideal candidate will have experience in an industrial environment, either as an industrial sewer or on the production line at a textiles company. You have to be hands-on and eager to work and learn!
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Cutting and shaping materials with hand and machine tools,
- Sewing different fabric types and pieces for upholstery section,
- Changing machine settings for different jobs,
- Checking finished work against the pattern instructions,
- Cleaning and oiling machines,
- Sewing different fabrics like cotton, wool, leather or industrial textiles ,
- Conduct all duties in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and internal Quality requirements,
- Maintain accurate and legible records,
- Working from technical drawings,
- Comply with all health and safety requirements.
You’ll be paid £9.30 ph, working from 8am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday (40hrs a week).
Our client are also proud to offer some wonderful benefits –free on site parking and holiday pay.
To apply for this great job, please contact Katrice at One Step Recruitment on 01460 68884, or apply online