Our Client, a global manufacturer with their UK head office based in Ilminster, are currently looking for a Quality Inspector – Electronics to join them on 12 month fixed term contract for maternity cover.
The client manufacturer various optical products for various sectors such as (not limited to) aerospace, automotive, Space industries.
The main purpose of the job will be to maintain quality standards by approving incoming materials, in process production, and finished goods; ensuring all relevant paperwork is up to date.
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual inspection and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials.
- Approves in-process production first off activities by confirming specification; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor/operator.
- Conduct visual & automated inspection activities on part finished and finished good.
- Selecting output samples and checking them using appropriate methods.
- Approves finished products by confirming compliance to specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning non-compliant materials & products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarising re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instruction; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in training/educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes quality and organisational mission by completing related results and needed.
**Having knowledge and experience utilising ISO9001 and AS9100 quality management systems would benefit your application.
- Adherence to all Company policies, management systems and standard operational procedures, including legal responsibilities in relation to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality.
- Working positively to develop and foster good working relationships with colleagues and contracted personnel in order to maintain a culture of mutual respect and dignity.
- Promote and display the company’s Core Values.
Contracted to 39hrs a week
4 or 5 day week
Overtime paid at x1.5 Mon-Sat and x2 Sun.
Circa £23,000 pro rata
If this is something that is of interest to you please do not hesitate and hit apply straight away to avoid disappointment due to volume of applications for this vacancy.
Contact for this role is Sam Scriven at One Step Recruitment who is acting as a Recruitment Agency with regards to this vacancy.
Quality Inspector – Electronics