Our Client, a global manufacturer with their global headquarters based in Ilminster, are currently looking for a Senior Buyer – Manufacturing experience necessary.
The client makes a large number of products for various sectors such as the aerospace, defence and life science industries; with extremely exciting projects successfully rolled out and some extremely exciting projects in the pipeline.
The main purpose of this job is to source direct and indirect materials at the appropriate quality level, on time and at the most competitive cost from new programme launches through to steady state production.
- Purchasing of direct materials in line with operational requirements. Re-phasing deliveries and expediting where necessary.
- Maintaining part and procurement parameters in MRP/ERP; supplier lead times, strategic safety stocks, yields.
- Running tender processes for new requirements, negotiating pricing and terms and conditions.
- Develop and maintain proactive supplier relationships
- Inventory management.
- Identify and manage cost reduction initiatives.
- Ensuring Supplier Quality, working with all stakeholders.
- Work with Product/Programme team to manage procurement actions in new product introduction.
- On a regular basis monitor Procurement KPI’s and publish along with action plans to deliver agreed targets.
- Continuous Improvement.
- Experience in manufacturing environment essential.
- Knowledge and experience of running MRP systems.
- Technical experience preferable.
- Positive attitude to continuous improvement
- Well experienced in building internal and external relationships
- Flexible approach to working to meet deadlines
- Quality and accuracy are key
- Understanding of quality requirements in aerospace and medial industries
- Understanding of contracts and contract management
- Ability to communicate and negotiate at all levels
- Contract to 39hrs per week.
Working Monday to Friday.
- Salary on offer is £30,000 to £35,000.
- Excellent employee benefits package – discussed at interview.
Please contact Sam Scriven at One Step Recruitment in Taunton for further information.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity HIT THE APPLY BUTTON.
One Step Recruitment is acting as a recruitment agency regarding this vacancy.
SEO: Senior Buyer – Manufacturing, Procurement, Supply Chain, CIPs, Ilminster, Taunton, Langport, Bridgwater, Martock, Yeovil, Crewkerne, Chard, Honiton.