We are proud to be working closely with a Chard based FMCG Producer who are seeking a top tier Technical Manager to join the company on a full time, permanent basis.
This is a uniquely fantastic role for a senior FMCG, Production or F&B Operations Manager to join a growing, driven company in Chard. Sam Scriven, our Senior Technical Consultant is shortlisting top level applicants over the coming weeks, so please do get in touch if you have the following competencies:
- A degree or masters in food science / food manufacturing, or equivalent senior experience,
- Production and Industrial HACCP and COSHH knowledge, with provable experience improving industrial working environments through planning and implementation of processes,
- Health & safety – IOSH or equivalent,
- Ideally directly experience in an FMCG environment.
To take ownership of the provision of defined technical services and food safety and quality management systems to the site in co-operation, alongside Senior, Supply Chain and Production Management.
- Responsible for ensuring that all activities with regards to product safety, quality and legality deliver continuous improvement,
- Assuming overall responsibility for the food safety and quality activities at site, with confident decision making leadership,
- Responsible for maintaining BRC certification, CLAS and customer standards at the higher levels and instilling the principles into the culture of the company,
- To act as Food Safety team leader,
- A member of the crisis management team and acts as Crisis Manager for product recall,
- To prepare and maintain a schedule for internal audits,
- Manages company, BRC, customer and other quality audits as required,
- To manage the sites HACCP food safety system,
- Liaison with Campden BRI and Leatherhead Food International and other technical advisors,
- Liaison with the company’s UK Group quality department in relation to food safety & quality matters and customer requirements,
- Maintain company contact with local authorities including Environmental Health, Trading Standards, DEFRA and the FSA,
- Accept responsibility for the development and training of direct reports within the department,
- Demonstrate a commitment to their own health and safety and that of others,
- Integrate health, safety and environmental management throughout all operations, monitoring performance and ensuring corrective actions are taken as required,
- To demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
For the perfect candidate, our client are setting their salary at £55,000pa – £60,000pa, dependent on experience.
Company benefits: include 26 days holiday + 8 bank hols and life insurance from day 1 of 3x basic and a great pension scheme!
To find out more about this wonderful role, please contact Sam Scriven at One Step Recruitment on 01823 250025, or apply online.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you.