An ambitious and forwarding thinking warehouse and logistics company in Somerset are seeking an experienced Transport Planner to join their firm.
You’ll be joining an established team with decades of successful haulage business behind them, serving companies across the company.
The ideal candidate will have general experience within haulage or transport logistics, and your day to day duties will include:
- Managing transport costs, vehicle usage and scheduling,
- Planning routing, UK wide,
- Analysing customer demand and working to optimal route efficiency, guaranteeing timely delivery of product,
- Stakeholder liason and relationship management,
- An active up to day knowledge of inventories, stock demands, shortages, delays, and deployment,
- Working with an established team to maintain and improve on cost efficiency and effectiveness.
This is a permanent, full time role, where your salary will be £20,000pa – £25,000pa, DOE.
Shifts: Alternate shifts – 7am – 5pm, 9am – 7pm. You will also be expected to work 1 shift every other Saturday (8am – 1pm)
Benefits: free parking and career development.
Please note: due to the impact of COVID-19, initial shortlisting, pre-interviews and registrations with One Step Recruitment will be held remotely.
For more information on this role, please contact Sam Scriven at One Step on 01823 250025, or apply online.